Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Workshop Door Prize

Today I'd like to share with you the door prize that I gave away at my workshop this past Sunday.


Isn't this little "Easter bonnet" adorable?  I saw one of these for the first time about a year ago made by Angie Leach.  You can visit her Too Cool Stamping blog to see the one she made.  Beckie F. was the lucky winner.  Beckie is one of my Stamp Club members, a great customer, and a fabulous friend!  So, not only is this just super cute as is...I filled it with an assortment of buttons!  Congrats Beckie!




These "bonnets" are a great way to reuse your empty button, brad, and trinket containers.  Simply cover with your favorite paper and embellishments and you have a great little gift container!








I used the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini Catalog to cover my container.  The top is punched out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  I used a different pattern to wrap around the container.  These strips were cut at 1/2" x 9 and 1/4" x 9.  The ribbon is Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Polly.  I used Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive to adhere to the paper and the ribbon.    







The bottom is cut using the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die.  The scallop circle was then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I used a little Sticky Strip to adhere it to the bottom of the container.

The cute little flower made using Baja Breeze and Blushing Bride Card Stock.  It's held together with a white brad from the 3/16" Brads - Neutural Collection and adhered to the container with a couple of Mini Glue Dots.

I hope you enjoyed this little project.  Maybe it will inspire you to reuse some of those empty containers sitting around.  I love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment