Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mocha Morning Birthday





I absolutely LOVE the Morning Mocha Designer Series Paper!  I have to admit that I have been hording quite a bit of it...LOL!  So, I finally made myself use some of it for this card.




February Edition of Stampin' Sucess

I saw this card in the February edition of the Stampin' Success magazine.  This is just one of the many benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  We receive a monthly magazine loaded with tips and ideas.  The card that I CASE'd used the Attic Boutique Designer Series Paper from the 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog.




My card starts off with a Crumb Cake card base with a layer of Morning Mocha Designer Specialty Series Paper and it accented with the Lace Border Punch in Wild Wasabi.  You probably can't tell from the photos, but the Mocha Morning paper has black flocking on it.  It is so beautiful!  I also love how the color combination worked out!







Here you can see the focal point of the card.  The bottom layer is a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock cut using the Framelits Labels Collection and then embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  On top of that is a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was stamped with one of the images from the Apothecary Art stamp set and cut out using, again, one of the dies from the Framelits Labels Collection.  I love how easy these dies make it to add multiple layers to a card!  I colored the stamped image using markers.  The sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts stamp, stamped in Early Espresso ink and then popped up with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.





I finished the card off with a little flower using Boho Blossoms Punch and added a black brad to the center.  This is adhered with a couple of Mini Glue Dots.





Would you like to make this card?  If so, I'd love to show you how!  Contact me to schedule a workshop or your own private class.  Yes, I said your own private class!  This is going to be a new option for my customers who do not want to host a traditional workshop.  Private classes are a great way to learn more stamping techniques and tricks with your friends.  This class setting also allows you to spend more time making cards than listening to me ramble on like I do at a traditional workshop.  Private classes are customized to what you want to do.  Plus you still get the hostess benefits like you would with a traditional workshop...the best of both worlds!  Give me a call or send me an email and I'll explain all of the details! 

                                 
 

List of supplies used:
Stamps:  Apothecary Art and Loving Thoughts
Ink and Markers:  Early Espresso Classic Ink , Wild Wasabi and So Saffron Stampin' Write Markers
Paper:  Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper and Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, and Very Vanilla Card Stock
Accessories:  Black Brad from the 3/16" Brads - Neutrals Collection
Tools:  Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, and SNAIL Adhesive

Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment