Sunday, January 8, 2017

Kickoff Part Card - Hey Chick

Current Specials
Upcoming Events
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today I am sharing another sneak peek from the upcoming Occasions Catalog & Sale-a-Bration Kickoff Party.  This is the ULTIMATE new catalog event, because it allows you to play with dozens of new products from the catalog! You'll create 20 DIFFERENT cards, each one highlighting a different stamp set (or two) from either the Occasions Catalog or Sale-a-Bration Brochure!  It's a fabulous way to try it before you buy it, while you stock up on cards for all occasions!  
This class is filling up fast!  Be sure to contact me today to get registered and save your spot.  You can find all of the class details HERE.

Angie and I will be sharing a sneak peek of a Kickoff Party card every Saturday & Sunday over the next 3 weeks!  Look for the "Kickoff Party Card" logo!

Today's card features the fun and quirky Hey Chick stamp set, along with the awesome new Watercolor Pencils!  The Hey Chick stamp set in one of the FREE items from the Sale-a-bration catalog. 
____________________________________________________________________________________

5th Annual Occasions & Sale-A-Bration Kickoff Party!
Create 20 DIFFERENT CARDS featuring dozens of new products!  Enjoy hourly prize drawings, exclusive specials and receive a FREE set of Watercolor Pencils in your kit! 
_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey Chick Watercolor Cards

Don't you just love this funky chicken!?  I've had a lot of fun playing with this stamp.  One of the things I love about the Watercolor Pencils is that I can color my images any color I want and they coordinate with our other Stampin' Up! products!  And how about that "chicken wire" background?  I'll tell you how I did that a little later in this post!


Focal point -- I started by cutting the Whisper White squares and Basic Gray scallop squares using the Layering Squares Framelits dies.  The chicken image was stamped at various angels using Archival Basic Gray ink. 


Next, I used the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen to color the "hair" and tail feathers.  I also colored the beak in Pumpkin Pie.  These images are popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Background -- To get the look of chicken wire in the background, I used the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Only I didn't emboss it, I used it as a stamp!  I inked up the raised side of the folder with Archival Basic Gray ink and placed my Whisper White card stock on it and simply applied pressure to get a "stamped" image.  How cool is that?


The new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is like the Cable Knit one from the Holiday Catalog.  It embosses a very deep, almost 3-D, impression in the card stock.


Sentiment -- The sentiment is stamped in Archival Basic Gray onto a 1/4" x 2 1/2" strip of Smoky Slate and fish-tailed at the end.  The sentiment is also popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finishing Touches -- I added two pieces of the Urban Underground Designer Washi Tape at the bottom of the card.  These coordinate perfectly with the color pallet I chose for this card.  The card base is Basic Gray with a Delightful Dijon mat.


I also made a second version of this card.  I completely changed the color pallet on this one!


This time I used the Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencils on the chicken.  I added some Bermuda Bay Thick Baker's Twine tied in a bow. 


The sentiment was again stamped in Archival Basic Gray, but this time on Melon Mambo card stock.

Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment