Sunday, November 2, 2014

Curly Paper Wreaths

Hi everyone!  Today I have a couple of projects to share with you that I've been working on for quite a while.  I made two curly paper wreaths from our Designer Series Papers (DSP).  I've seen these done by several others over the years and have always wanted to try one.  So I did!

I will definitely be offering a class with these.  Check back soon for all of the details!

The first one I made is from the All Is Calm Specialty DSP.  I absolutely LOVE this paper!  Of course, it made a gorgeous wreath.








Don't you just love it?  This is so versatile.  I will work all winter long.




Here's a close-up of some of the curls.  It's really hard to capture with the camera, but I've also added some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  It's sooooo sparkly.










And here is the bow.  It's actually made from the 3/4" Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon.  It's not one of the colors in the All Is Calm Specialty DSP, but it coordinates well.
















While I loved this wreath, I wanted to make one in more traditional Christmas colors.  I chose to use the Nordic Noel DSP.  Here's how that one turned out ....


OMG ... I'm so pleased with how this turned out!  I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this paper, but it looks gorgeous on this wreath!








Here's a closer shot of the paper curls.




And another one.  You can see in these two photos that I added some more Glimmer Paper to this one, too.  This time I used the Real Red Glimmer Paper.  It adds so much to the wreath!
















Here's a close up of the bow on this one.  It's the Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon.  I was worried about it being too dark with all of the Real Red, but it looks great!  This ribbon is just fantastic.  It is so easy to work with.




















One last picture of both of the wreaths together ....


I hope you enjoyed my projects today.  As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I will be offering these wreaths as a class.  So be sure to watch for the details!

Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment