Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gently Falling, Envelop Punch Board and New Stamp Club(s) Forming NOW

Today's card is one we will be doing at my Open Stamp Club this Friday.  It features the Gently Falling Stamp Set and an envelope to match.  What is an Open Stamp Club you ask?  Well, you find those details at the end of this post.

I have to admit that I really like how this card turned out.  What a great fall card!  This card measures 4x8 and will fit in a traditional business size envelope.  However, as you'll see below, I made my own matching envelope with the new Envelope Punch Board.

The card base is Chocolate Chip Card Stock and is layer with a beautiful piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Holiday Catalog called Sweater Weather.

Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper       This paper is filled gorgeous fall colors. 


Here you can see one of the stamped leaves.  This Rock-n-Roll or Rolling technique has been around for quite some time and works perfectly for these fall leaves.  It's very simple to do.  Using Classic Inks, I inked up my leaf image in Crushed Curry and then rolled off some of the ink onto scrap paper.  I just rolled the edges of the stamp in a circular motion.

Next using that same circular motion, I rolled the edges -- just the edges! -- of the stamp (still with the Crushed Curry ink on it) in Tangerine Tango ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla Card Stock.

Tip:  Always use one lighter ink and one darker ink.  Ink up your stamp in the lighter ink first as to help avoid contaminating your ink pads.

The outline image was then stamped in Chocolate Chip.














The bottom of the card is embellished with 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon that I cut in half and frayed the edges a little.  The "thankful" was cut from Chocolate Chip Card Stock using the Expressions Thinlits Dies.  Oh my gosh, I love these!  It also comes with the words "Merry" and "Love".  We will definitely be using this in my Holiday Stamp-a-Stack Card Classes!  I used Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive to adhere it on top of the burlap ribbon.



It's then finished off with one of the Naturals Designer Buttons and some Linen Thread.


But wait, that's not all!  Here is my card being tucked into a Chocolate Chip Card Stock Envelope.  The Envelope Punch Board makes making envelopes so easy!  Now you can make that card whatever size you want without the fear of not having an envelope that it will fit in.  That's AWESOME!  You get the ability to make 66 different sized envelopes all for $19.95.  And, although I didn't do it here, you can make your liners with it, too!






Here's one last photo with the card all the way inside the envelope.  Perfect!





As promised at the beginning of this post, here is more information on my Open Stamp Club.

How Does an Open Stamp Club Work?
Members place one order, once a month, over a 6-month period (minimum order is $25).  During one month of the six, they'll earn a minimum of $25 in Hostess Dollars (and usually more!) to spend on anything in the current catalogs.

Why is it called an "Open Stamp Club"?
Anyone can attend a monthly club meeting.  You do not have to be a member to come and stamp.  If you're not a member you attend for FREE by placing a minimum $25 order that night or can pay the class fee of $15 without placing an order.  Only members are eligible for the Hostess Benefits, though.

When Does Stamp Club Start?
My current club will end this month.  So, we will start a new session(s) of club in October.

When Does Stamp Club Meet?
My current club meets on the 2nd Friday each month at 7:00pm.  However, I am always open to adding another evening during the week or even a weekend day.  If you want to join, but Friday's don't work for you just email me the day(s) that you are interested in.  If I get at least 6 people interested in the same day, we'll start another club.

Want your own exclusive club with your friends and family?
 Just get 5 of your friends and start your own private club!  It will work like the Open Stamp Club as far as ordering goes, hostess benefits, and the number of moths we meet, but it will be an exclusive group for you and your friends!  Guests may attend by invitation of one of your members.  Minimum order or class fee applies to all guests.

Ready to join?  CONTACT ME today to sign up!  

Still have questions?  Contact me for all the details!

Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment