Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cards for Bethany's Workshop

I'm posting a little workshop "sneak peek" today.  I have a workshop Friday and want to share the cards we will be making.  Bethany, the hostess, asked to do a Mother's Day card and something "springy."  So, here's what I came up with.

This card is actually a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of a card that fellow demonstrator Angie Leach made.  You can check out her Too Cool Stamping blog HERE.  I made a couple of minor changes, but really loved it and knew I had to make it myself.  Thanks for the inspiration Angie!    

This card also incorporates several items that will be retiring and will not be available after the end of May.  See my previous post with the retiring stamp set list.  Be prepared...it's a LONG list!  The list of retiring accessories will be available April 25th.  Be sure to come back to what's on the list! 

I started with a Concord Crush card stock base and layered a piece of Pear Pizzazz on top.  These are two of the colors that will be retiring on May 31st.  I'm really going to miss these two!  Next is a layer of Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper.  This paper is also retiring.  You can earn this paper for FREE by hosting your own workshop and it's available only while supplies last through May.





Here's a close up of the focal point of the card.  The scallop circle in the background is made from Concord Crush using the Scallop Circle #2 die with the Big Shot.  The Whisper White on top also uses the Big Shot with the 3" Circle die.  The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozens stamp set and is stamped in Melon Mambo Classic Ink.  I just love how all of these colors coordinate!


The flowers are made using the Flower Fest stamp set.  This, too, is retiring.  I LOVE this set and am going to have a really hard time seeing it go!  The flowers are stamped using Versamark ink onto Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, and Bashful Blue card stock.  The leaves were also stamped in Versamark on Pear Pizzazz.  They were all embossed with white embossing powder and cut out.

Don't you just love the pearls?  These made a great little accent for the flowers and below the sentiment.  The flowers are all popped up using a few Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then the card is finished off with some Pear Pizzazz Stitched-Poly ribbon.  Again, another item that is retiring!  I'm starting to sound like a broken record with retiring items...LOL!



Here's the second card we will be making...


This card features items available in the Mini Occasions Catalog.  This catalog runs through the end of April.  So again, these items might be gone for good at the end of this month!  The card base is Baja Breeze card stock layered with a piece of Blushing Bride.  Next is one of the patterns from the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper and a small piece of Whisper White.  I have to admit that I usually don't care for pastel colors.  However, I really like this paper and the color combinations.  I also love that there is an entire Twitterpated suite of products that all coordinate!  Stampin' Up! really does make my job easy when it comes to putting things together.



The flower is made using the Mixed Bunch stamp set and coordinating Blossom Punch.  I stamped the image in Island Indigo and punched it out.  I punched a second flower out of Island Indigo card stock to put behind it so it stood out a little better.  The leaves are punched out of the Blossom Petals Builder punch and ran through the Crimper for some added texture.  This is such a quick easy way to give your leaves a more realistic look and some dimension, too.

The ribbon is Baja Breeze 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon.  The sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts stamp set and is stamped in Island Indigo Classic Ink.



 The card is finished off with three little Twitterpated Designer Buttons.  I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere them to the paper.  Aren't they adorable?  What a great finishing touch!  Again, I love all of the coordinating product!  We'll have to wait until May to see if any of the products from the Mini Occasions Catalog make it to the new annual catalog coming out in June.


Don't forget that I will have the retired accessories list posted on April 25th.  I hope you enjoyed these cards!

Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle








No comments:

Post a Comment