Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Herringbone Technique

Today I'd like to share with you one of the cards we made at my February stamp club meeting.  The Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration (SAB) catalog has to be one of my favorites!  I absolutely love this paper and will be very sad to see it go after March.

The Herringbone Technique has been around for awhile, but I was just introduced to it recently by Angie Leach from Too Cool Stamping.  As many of you know, Angie is my upline and one of my wonderful friends (hi Angie!).  Angie has a pictorial of the this technique here.  Dawn Olchefske, another incredible Stampin' Up! demonstrator, has a video tutorial on her blog showing how easy this technique really is.  You can find her video here.  On to my card...

 

This card is loaded with SAB items!  As I mentioned, the patterned paper is Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (DSP).  This technique is also a fabulous way to use up all of those scraps that pile up next to your paper cutter. :)




Here's a close up of the herringbone pattern.  The strips of DSP are mounted on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.  These are great when you need to have adhesive on a large area.  I simply cut my card stock and the adhesive sheet to same size and put the adhesive on the card stock to make the whole piece "sticky."  Next, I started assembling my strips of DSP to make the herringbone pattern.







In the photo to the right you can see my sentiment stamped in Lucky Limeade from the Elementary Elegance stamp set, also a SAB set.  I also added the crown image stamped in Poppy Parade along with a little rhinestone "bling".  This was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and punched out using the Extra-Large Oval punch.  I love how this fits perfectly inside the oval shaped Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  This, too, is available as a FREE SAB item.  The Poppy Parade card stock was embossed first with the embossing folder and then I ran it through the Big Shot again using one of the dies from the Labels Collection Framelits Dies.  Doesn't this just fit perfectly?  This piece was then mounted on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock which also was cut from one of the framelits and then embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder (another SAB item).  A cute bow made from the 1/8" Organdy Ribbon in Lucky Limeade finishes off the card.  The ribbon is also a SAB item!

Whew... that's a lot of SAB items!  Here they are:  Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper, 1/8" Organdy Ribbon from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack, Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and the Elementary Elegance Stamp Set.  Remember that you can get any of these items for FREE with a $50 order!  Sale-a-bration ends on March 31, 2012...don't miss out on this promotion!  You can click on the Sale-a-bration link in the upper left corner to see more details.

Do you want to make this card?  I still have a couple of dates available for workshops in March.  Contact me today to get scheduled!

List of supplies:
 Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your card! Love the bow! Love the shoutout! Love your whole DAM post!

    ReplyDelete